Wednesday 12 December 2012

JUSTICE FOR CLEFT BABIES!!

I received an email from ING with regards to Zarif's declined application.  This is the email :-
"Case was reviewed when we received email from *************.
Regret to inform that we are unable to consider HS plan to the life
insured who is only 8 months old with palate lip repair surgery done in June 2012. Cleft lip may increase risk for upper respiratory tract disorder, speech defects, hearing impairment and infection of middle ear. The risk for HS plan is very high at current stage. Client with cleft lip/palate may need a revision surgery at a later age depends of the recovery."

And my reply:-
Dear ****,
Kindly inform your underwriter or whoever that sent you this email to get their FACTS correct.

1.  Zarif did NOT had any palate repair surgery.  Kindly ask your underwriter to search in the dictionary what palate is and what lip is.

2.  All the risk stated are for Cleft LIP AND PALATE, whereby Zarif only has cleft lip problem.  Do browse http://www.clapam.org.my/ to know more about cleft.  Whatever it is, I thought anything related to Cleft would be excluded from the policy?  Why suddenly this came out as an issue?

My child will forever be a cleft lip baby regardless of what age he will be later.  As such the deferment proposal proposed by ING will never be applicable to him as it will forever be deferred.

 
I guess ING would have their facts correct if ever ING get the medical report of Zarif.  However, ING was just too proud to even request for it and I shall and will not grant any permission whatsoever after this, for the fact that ING is not interested at the first place.

*****, I really appreciate your cooperation and understanding in handling this matter.  However, I am sorry to inform you that my husband and I have decided to withdraw for Zafri's proposal too.  Both Kamal and I feel very offended how Zarif's case being treated at the first place by ING.  Kindly do the refund accordingly.  I guess I will have to find other insurance company that would be interested to insure Zarif or at least be fair to him.  Thank you once again for your time and effort. 


Puan Zuraini - CLAPAM,

For your kind info.  I take into heart how this being handled by ING. 


Regards,
Baizura


4 comments:

  1. omg what a discrimination! sabar ye puan. me too is waiting for my cleft baby's application of prubsn takaful. still no feedback from them but then i'll update later about that. my boy was born with several birth defect.

    wish n pray the best for u. salam kenal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. salam perkenalan. so glad to meet another cleft baby parent here. pru at least request for medical report which then it is fair lah kan kalau nak defer or decline. ING langsung tak mintak. Itu yang I upset sangat. Then bagi reason anak i ada palate surgery which he did not. I apply ING because i ingatkan should be ok lah since they are a joint partner with CLAPAM... rupanya tak ok :)

      anyway i dah ask my pru agent utk apply for my son under prubsn jugak.

      what other birth defect that your baby suffer? i mean if u dont mind sharing... me too pray for all the best thing for you and ur precious one.

      Delete
    2. my son have been diagnosed with pierre robin syndrome, which is common among cleft palate baby. other than that he also got bilateral subependymal cyst which disqualify him to be covered from any takaful or insurance. i'm ok with that by the way. my pru agent told me to try after a year. by now we just monitor the cyst, mungkin akan hilang or mungkin akan remain, kata doktor.

      i'm sure tak ada masalah untuk apply insurance for Zarif. kita buat yang terbaik untuk anak kita. maybe there will be an obstacle here n there, but stay strong mummy!!

      Delete
    3. i take my hat off on you my dear! betul tu..kita akan buat yang terbaik untuk anak kita. I truly understand that so deeply. Yang alaminya sahaja yang faham. Where do you treat your son?

      I am keeping my finger cross and pray hard so that semua urusan dipermudahkan untuk zarif. at age 5-6 zarif kena buat another surgery for his gump. ada small gap but luckily it didnt touch the palate.

      yes...staying strong is the only way! hehe... hugs!

      Delete